This recipe I’m sharing with you all is oh-so yummy.
I still kinda get fussy when it comes to trying new things, even if I love all of the ingredients that are in the recipe.
But after I tasted the sauce, I was in love with it.
My mother-in law & I did change the orignal recipe just a little bit as we didn’t exactly have the right ingredients but it still turned out wonderful. The sauce did come out slightly runny but that it was perfect like that.
The original recipe came from The Recipe Critic. I really love her videos. They are so easy to follow.
I also didn’t get any photos, so I can’t actually show you guys what the actual result look like. So I will be using the one from the original recipe, just to give you guys an idea of what it looked like.
We also cooked ours in the electric fry pan. It was just as quick. And no using the oven.
Creamy Mushroom, Bacon & Chicken
For the Chicken:
- 1.5 kilos chicken thigh fillets ( you can also use thigh on the bone or chicken breast)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil (used garlic infused olive oil)
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegeta seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons oregano (I only had dried)
- Salt & Pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 500g small button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 slices of bacon, diced and fried
- 1 Cup thickened cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
Heat electric fry pan on high.
- Fry diced bacon then put aside on a plate
- Fry sliced mushrooms then put aside on a plate
- Add the chicken thighs to pan and season with italian seasoning and salt and pepper and fry until cooked then put aside on a plate.
- Place bacon and mushrooms back into the pan with olive oil. Reheat then add thickened cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Bring to a simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. Add the chicken back to the pan and heat for a couple of more minutes.
- Then serve.
I would love to know if you try either mine or the original recipe.