I haven’t made these in such a long time. I might just have to make these when the oven is fixed.
These are good if you just want to have a couple of cupcakes just for yourself. And if need be, you can always double up the recipe if you want to make more than 2.
I have eaten two of these in the one sitting. So I do apologise if you are being healthy. But just don’t forget to treat yourself once in a while!
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 heaped Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Milk
- Pinch Salt
- Pre heat oven to 150 degrees celsius. Line a muffin pan with 2 cupcake liners (I used silicone cupcake liners)
- In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in Vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk.
- Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.
This recipe ended up giving me three cupcakes as my cupcake liners were on the small side.
If you try these, I’d love to know what you think of them!