The other day, I wanted something to have for breakfast. But it had to be low carb. Some people might say “have some bacon and eggs” and I’m kinda over bacon and eggs. Well mostly eggs.
So I raided my pile of recipes and came across Almond Meal Pancakes.
I did ask myself if they were low carb. So I did a quick google check , and yep. They were low carb and as a bonus, they were also Gluten Free.
I found the original recipe over at Low Carb Yum. When I did make these the first time, I had to tweak it a little as I only had Almond meal and not Almond flour. I also added vanilla essence, just to give it some flavour. And I wish I added milk and not water.
I was apprehensive about making these. Because honestly… I didn’t think this recipe would work. But I went ahead and made them.
And boy, I’m glad I did. My mother in-law to be said that they tasted like the pancakes you get from MacDonald’s.
She was right.
I didn’t mind the fact that Almond Meal had the skin. After it was all mixed and cooked you couldn’t tell that it was in there.
I did kinda add butter and maple syrup to mine and made them on the unhealthy side. But you can’t have pancakes without maple syrup or ice cream.
I hope you like this pancake recipe as much as me.
Gluten Free Almond Meal Pancakes
Makes up to 10 medium size pancakes.
- 2 cups Almond Meal (or Almond flour)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cups Water (or Milk)
- 1/4 cup oil (I only had canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or 2-3 teaspoon of low carb sugar)
- Mix ingredients together in a blender
- Let batter sit for roughly 15 minutes
- Pour into a hot pan over medium heat
- Flip pancakes when the edges start to dry and the top is bubbly
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
I would love your feedback if you get to try these!